The golden rules:
- This is my site, so I may override any rule as I see fit. Rules lawyers in particular will not be tolerated.
- This is my site, so I may add and delete rules as I see fit.
- I will try to limit my use of the golden rules.
- This web site runs an open commenting system with no pre-moderation, barring Askimet or other spam protection technology. I may add certain non-spam words to my spam kill filter, however.
- I will NEVER release any information about posters’ IP addresses or email to the web site or other public forum. Sock puppets may be noted, but I will NEVER directly or indirectly reveal identities with comments like "I see you’re posting from Do-Inaka Uni so you must be Fred!"
The bad news:
- Although I wish to allow anyone to comment, gross spamming, abuse, or other serious disruptive behaviour will result in measures being taken.
- There’s only me monitoring the comments, so I might miss some of the more outrageous stuff.
The good news:
- Comments will not be edited, as [opinion I don't agree with deleted] doesn’t help the conversation flow. However, the whole comment body might get deleted and a warning inserted by me instead.
- You won’t get banned for calling me a GOJ shill, for instance, as they pay me well enough to soften the hurt.
- If you feel a comment is out of line, drop me a note and I’ll try to fix it. If I agree with you, of course.
The news that might be good or bad:
- Personal abuse will NOT be tolerated. Feel free to slag off their opinions, but personal attacks will be removed. I will be more strict in applying this rule to comments on third parties who do not post on this web site.
Hopefully the moderation will be in the main invisible, and everyone will feel free to voice their opinions. Have fun!